Membership dues cover a full year and include all of the benefits listed below. You can join us by filling out the membership application on-line or print and mail your application to The Aesthetic Pruners Association, 5627 Telegraph Avenue, Suite 171, Oakland CA 94609. If paying by check, expect 3-4 weeks for processing. Thank you!
FREE WITH PAID MEMBERSHIP
APA Website Member Listing: All APA members receive a free public listing with their phone number, email and website on the APA Member directory.
Detailed CAP Member Profile: All APA Certified Aesthetic Pruners® (CAPs) receive a free listing on the APA website CAP directory. Members may change their listing at any time to include additional information about their services, specializations and geographic work area. This member profile gives all our CAP members a detailed web presence on a national level.
Awareness of the Profession: The APA is committed to advancing public awareness and appreciation of the growing field of Aesthetic Pruning.
APA Leadership Opportunities: Leadership opportunities in the organization are available through volunteerism.
APA Professional Designation: All APA members can use the professional designation within their individual levels of membership. APA certified members are permitted to use the APA logo on print and website materials.
APA Members-only Forum: APA members have access to APA Forum to learn, exchange industry information and ideas and to connect with other APA members.
MEDIA COVERAGE AND PROMOTION
APA Promotion: The APA continually promotes the organization and its members to prospective clients, industry professionals and related organizations via our public relations and marketing efforts.
BUSINESS AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
APA Certified Aesthetic Pruner® Credential: The APA provides the only available certification of Aesthetic Pruners. Certified members may use the exclusive APA credential after their name (CAP) to indicate their commitment to the highest level of professionalism to clients and peers.
New Professionals Forum: This is a quarterly forum dedicated to helping new professionals develop their Aesthetic Pruning business. It is free for all APA members.
Marketing Tools: Bulk pricing is available on all APA generated education and marketing materials and brochures.
Professional Development and Continuing Education Opportunities: The APA sponsors educational activities in a variety of settings from national conferences to local "Tree Talks" and "Tree Walks". Topics are related to Aesthetic Pruning and are designed for professional development. Members receive a discount on all APA events.
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS AND DISCOUNTS
10% Discount at Hida Tool: APA members receive a 10% discount by presenting their membership card. Hida Tool and Hardware is located at 1333 San Pablo Avenue, Berkeley, CA. They carry a wide selection of pruning and gardening tools from Japan.
Margie Potts Memorial Membership: Margie Potts dedicated her life to advancing the field of Aesthetic Pruning. Each Year a valued member of the aesthetic pruning community is offered a free membership in her name for one year.
APA CODE OF ETHICS
All APA members agree to the statement of the Code of Ethics listed below.
Definition: Aesthetic Pruning is the creative interpretation of small trees and shrubs. This living art form combines the artistic skill of the pruner, the essence of a tree, the science and horticulture and the needs of clients and surroundings.
* Maintain respect for trees and plants and hold plant health as our highest priority.
* Comply with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and ethical standards as agreed to prior to acceptance into the APA.
* Comply with all accepted professional standards and best management practices of the APA.
* Provide Aesthetic Pruning services artistically, competently and safely by exercising professional judgment and by adhering to the definition of Aesthetic Pruning.
*Recognize the limitations of one's professional ability and provide services limited to one's qualifications.
* When unable to provide the required professional services, provide the appropriate professional referral(s) for the benefit of the client.
* Refrain from behavior that clearly violates applicable laws or the APA's Code of Ethics.
* All members agree to apply their pruning craft in a manner consistent with the intent of the Aesthetic Pruners Association by adhering to the definition of Aesthetic Pruning as specified in this document.* As professionals, members shall strive to enhance the standing of the APA by cooperating and sharing information and experiences with other members. This spirit of cooperation and sharing is a professional courtesy that is a trademark of the APA.